Wednesday, January 12, 2011

just another one of those days

Another really cold day today, but you don't see me complaining, do you? :) Though the Performing Arts Centre place that we were cooped up in for almost the whole of today (and for almost the rest of the Induction Programme too) was freezing. The whole of RJ still gives me a really foreign feeling, but hopefully that will fade away in time. The whole Raffles Diploma thing got everyone freaking out real bad, the school definitely expects a lot from all of us and well, having expectations is one thing, living up to them is another thing altogether. But hmm no pressure, no pressure at all. Hahaha understatement of the century, if you get what I mean. But all's good so far I guess, everyone's just going with the flow, trying to get into the thick of things. No one knows exactly what we're doing yet and in a way, I think it's better not to know than to know and then sink into the depths of stress or something. 

The CCA system is quite queer actually, similar to RGS, yet there are so many more choices available. And because in sec 1, I didn't exactly know what I was doing half the time, so now it's time for more informed decisions haha. Half of the people seem to have their minds set on something, while the other half is just gonna try their luck at stuff. Funny, really. I know for a fact that I'm horrid at CCA interviews, so I'm not exactly expecting very much yeah. I couldn't believe it when I was actually considering three CCAs during the talk today hahaha. Talk about putting too much on your plate. But I guess you only live once huh. 

Oh oh I suddenly thought of this line in this video that the principal showed us during her talk this morning. 'Don't let cobwebs grow around your Big Dreams.' It stuck around in my head for quite long after; hmm, it really does give us something to think about. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment