Thursday, January 20, 2011

all the clouds are silver-lined

I'm so glad I went for the gathering in the end. Things have changed; we all have gone along our separate paths and these paths are gonna branch out even wider still in time to come. But I guess it's never that easy to forget people, not even when you stuff them to the very back of your minds and will the memories to disintegrate. 

They came into your life for a reason, and perhaps it was just a fleeting, short-lived moment, or a solid few years, but they were there. Well, melting the ice and dust that have formed after four whole years was definitely not easy, trust me, but at least the layers of ice and dust aren't half as thick anymore. They could still use some work though. I don't know what got me over the awkwardness, but it was the queer feeling of detachment yet the seamless ability to continue where we left off that made it seem all too real, or all too bogus, depending on how you see it. But I'm quite sure now that I never forgot, I really haven't. 
But things are so different now that you don't exactly remember who the people they were before anymore; it's just a shadow. I am not saying change is a bad thing you know; I'm just saying change is not something that explains itself fully enough, and it renders you rather puzzled in the end. 

I'm starting to love RJ more; I think there's so much more in store for us, especially orientation next week. Can't wait :) I'm starting to get so nervous for SATs on saturday! YES I WILL CONQUER YOU SATs WHOOO :D And ACJC is the perfect place to have the SATs, since it gives me the perfect reason to look to becky as a source of motivation. 


And each step is getting brighter
As the golden stairs I climb.
And every burden is getting lighter
And all the clouds are silver-lined.
And, over there the sun is always shining
And no tears will ever dim the eye
And the ending of the rainbow
Where the mountains, they touch the sky.
There are many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment