Friday, February 4, 2011

a toast to the future.

Somehow nothing's changed, yet everything feels somewhat different. Maybe I'm just not one for unpredictability. I'm so scared of the future, not the way too far off, ten-years-down-the-road future, but the near future, the one that will be made a reality in a few weeks. I guess the best way to live life is not always to look too far ahead because reality isn't something that lets you shy away from it. It doesn't matter whether you tackle it head-on or not, because it's still gonna be there. And your choices will probably change what the future holds, which is the scariest part of it all. It's like what's depicted in all those TV shows: One wrong move and you're a goner. I'm scaring myself haha.

So now that the excitement from orientation is starting to wind down a bit (not the spirit though!), I'm definitely missing yearmates and friends a lot, but at the same time learning to welcome new people into my life and (Well, yes) expanding my social circle. With great emphasis on 'learning' hahaha, I'm still not very good at it. Maybe there'll never be another RGSRCY in my life again, but I sure as hell hope that there'll be something as good as it. MR will never be the same as richard and house comm but different isn't always bad.  And I'm sure everyone will find something they fit in seamlessly to eventually; it's just a matter of time. There's always a place for everyone, don't you ever forget that friends <3

And I miss becky kwan a lot a lot, if only I could fly to boston for one day and back. And maybe bring her bakkwa and pineapple tarts, seeing that there are no such wonderful stuff there hehe. Wishful thinking. You know I'm actually emailing her regularly now this is amazing. <3

Oh lingzhi you know I watched the yale video again for the first time since the last time we watched it last year, DO YOU REMEMBER!! :D SAM TSUI (Y) (Y) 





For what it's worth, it was worth all the while;

5 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA SAM TSUIIIII :D His recent videos aren't half as nice as the older ones, quite sad leh ):

    Love,
    Lingzhi!(:

    p.s. I haven't watched the Yale videos in ages HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that's so sad but he's definitely talented! Haha I'm rewatching the Yale video and I think it's superrrr good! Sigh if only he went like really professional and actually came up with more of his own songs I think he would be real famous:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI DEARRR! Omg you're updating frequently haha! Did you start blogging because I locked my blog and you had nothing interesting to read? xD Haha okay kidding. Anyway I miss yearmates a lot toooo ): But we shall meet up more soon kay haha! Especially like.. before cca trials -cough-

    <3, audrey!(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. AREN'T YOU AMAZED?! ALL MY OLD BLOGS DIED SO SOON GOSHH. OH I liked live journal, but it kinda got boring after a while. YEAH CAN YOU PLEASE REOPEN YOUR BLOG OR SOMETHING!! Yeah yearmates have to meet more! OMGOSH CCA TRIALS D:

    ReplyDelete
  5. AND I DIDN'T START BLOGGING HAHA I WAS BLOGGING ALL ALONG. IT'S JUST CAUSE MY LIVEJOURNAL'S LOCKED SO YOU HAVEN'T BEEN READING ME BLOGGING HEHEHEH

    <3 verna

    ReplyDelete