Thursday, May 12, 2011

you paint the sky a crimson red

I walked across the crowded street.
A sea of eyes, they cut through me.
And I saw you in the middle.
Your upset face, you wear it well.
You camouflage the way you feel,
When everything's the matter.


We've all been down that road before.
Searching for that something more.
World's spinning 'round.
There's no sign of slowing down.
So won't you take a breath?
Just take a breath.

People change and promises are broken.
Clouds can move and skies will be wide open.
Don't forget to take a breath.


Blink our eyes, life's rearranged.
To our surprise, it's still okay.
It's the way things happen.
Summer comes and then it goes.
Hold on tight, and brace for cold.

And it's only for a moment.


These lyrics kinda describe my thoughts right now. It's like just when you think everything's perfect for that split second, it slips right out of your hands. And leaves you to wonder whether it was just a figment of your imagination after all. You move on though. But following that, everything's just normal. Because you've seen that perfect moment for yourself and nothing after that can ever come close to it. But there are so many moments in life still worth remembering though. 

Yes, back to reality, currently I have about a thousand and one things to do, but then being the unmotivated little brat I am today, the only thing I feel like doing now is sleeping. Which is technically one of the things on my to-do list heh. Gotta study for the bio lecture test next week. AND complete math and chem tutorials. And refine gpp and all that too. AHHH you know, if only my life didn't revolve around such stuff all the time, I honestly think I would be a much happier person. Need some sorta escape right about now, seriously, before everything actually drives me insane. Hawaii is definitely out of the question. So is Antartica. Though I think I might actually enjoy Antartica seeing that the weather has been getting on my nerves so bad these past few days. Hmm or maybe I should pack myself in a crate like those animals in Madagascar and see where the ocean takes me. Okay okay fine I'm kidding, it'll never work, not in a million years.

I was reading through my old livejournal and it got me thinking about things the way they used to be. I remember there was a time last year when certain people were so obsessed with Yale and certain others were so obsessed with Harvard hahahaha. Those times feel like a million light years ago. WHY IS JC SO DIFFERENT D: It's like an entirely different world with entirely different people. Even I feel different. I think my brain needs more time to get a grip on things. I feel like I need to talk to lingzhi more, when I'm talking to her, it feels like it's back to old times again. 



yes, I believe.




3 comments:

  1. HAI VERNA I SEE MY NAME!!! HAHAHAHAHA SAM TSUI AHAHAHAHAHA how long ago was thattt. And I recognise that quote hehe :D

    And it's okay, we're going out on Sunday right! See you then hehe so exciting.

    Love,
    Lingzhi!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG NOOO IM VERY VERY SURE I DIDNT!! don't know why either ): BUT LOVE YOUUUU TEEHEEHEE!!

    omg I'm not sure if I can go tomorrow leh because I came home damn late after players today and now my mom might not let me ): ):

    ReplyDelete