Wednesday, April 6, 2011

If you really want to know,

Surprisingly, no one ever complains about work these days. It's different now. I remember how in rg, everyone used to wallow in self-pity together, everyone would just moan and groan about how stressed we were. And that really did wonders in relieving all that pent-up stress. Knowing you're not alone, knowing you have friends who are experiencing exactly what you're experiencing definitely raises your self-esteem up a notch. But these days, though everyone's so uptight and tense, no one's willing to admit it. Everyone just appears too calm and relaxed on the surface, and it scares me big time.

It's all so messed up in a way that every word you utter might hold you guilty for something, or make you appear to be someone you're not. In other words, we're not just seen or heard, but judged. It's all about the image you want to project to others, and it's that same image that everyone's so concerned about lately. It has become a chore for me, contemplating my actions, being wary of what others might think of me. But there's so much at stake, too. 

I really need to have more heart-to-hearts with people, they are my sole reminder that there's still some sincerity stashed somewhere.

Oh man, what happened to those simple days?



I'm too afraid to admit it;
so tell me what I want to hear,

No comments:

Post a Comment