Friday, September 16, 2011

The Dark Alley, by Verna

You were framed up in that dark alley,
The alley, where all alleys converge,
The alley of
Her heart.


You cast that glow, that sliver of light, and it
Went cascading down
And down.


The light that sneaked into her morning routine,
The light that snatched her frowns and replaced them with smiles,
The light that was brighter than a hundred light bulbs put together.
That light.
Was you.


But out went the light,
Out went her smiles,
And out went her heart.
That alley was never this dark.


You are still framed up in that dark alley,
Collecting dust.
She did not throw out the frame,
It's still there.
You're still there
In the alley of
Her heart.


---




Just a poem I wrote. Haven't written one in ages, but I suddenly felt like writing one. I know it's not very good, but maybe, just maybe, I haven't lost it yet heh. And now I shall go back to studying Mitosis and Meiosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment